Just in time for summer (or even your dog’s birthday)! Apple crunch pupcakes will be the perfect treat for your pup. They are a simple and delicious snack, great for anytime of the day! Here are the ingredients to start your baking:
2 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup applesauce
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 medium egg
2 tablespoons honey
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup dried apple chips
1 tablespoon baking powder
After you gather your ingredients, continue with these baking instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a large muffin pan with vegetable spray (recipe makes about 12 to 14 pupcakes).
3. Mix the water, applesauce, vanilla extract, egg and honey together in a bowl.
4. Combine the flour, apple chips and baking powder in a separate bowl.
5. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to be sure no dry mixture is left.
6. Pour the mixture into the muffin pan. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a pupcake comes out dry.
7. Store pupcakes in a sealed container in the fridge.
Frosting is optional but is always a delicious EXTRA!
12 ounces fat-free cream cheese
3 teaspoons carob powder OR 1 teaspoon beet powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a small bowl, stir all ingredients together until smooth. Then, spread over cooled pupcakes.